Sunday, April 25, 2010
My First Craft Show.... EEEEK!
Sooooo, my first craft show is in less than two weeks. I imagine it will either be a smashing success or a tragic train wreck. I am trying so hard to be prepared, but I feel like I could never do it all in time to be ready. I went to a show yesterday to look at booths and try to get some ideas. Here is what I learned:
1. Color matters! The booths that had color, either in product or set-up decorations, had more traffic. I think I am going to get some of those strings of colored flags for my tent. My product is colorful, but it is small, so I need some help making my booth stand out.
2. Fill er up! Some of the booths had very sparse product. They had tons of space and not nearly enough product to fill it. This will be an issue for me because my product is so small. I am trying to make a huge inventory push over the next few weeks to make sure I can fill the space.
3. SMILE! I really liked interacting with the vendors as a seller. I plan on being interactive, even if it just a simple "hello." A smile goes a long way.
4. Bring a friend. Set up and break down seem like they would be very tough on one person, so I'm bring my boyfriend to help. It gives you another set of eyes on the booth design and a potty time backup. I knew he'd come in handy one day ;)
5. Make friends. Other vendors are a source of information like no other. I'm gonna make nice with anyone who will hold still long enough!
Fingers crossed that my first show will be a success!
Anyone have any words of wisdom?