Thursday, March 10, 2011

Don't Forget to Keep Going


My mom asked me the other day why I keep making and adding new stuff to my shop. Isn't 200 items enough? Oh, silly momma! I gave her a thesis statement on the importance of progress and momentum.

I am always looking for new designs and brainstorming new ideas to keep this baby going. Repeat customers want to see new product. They aren't going to buy the same thing twice in most cases. MOMENTUM is the key. Like a snowball down a steep hill. Be the snowball... beeeee the snowball.

The minute you stop moving, it stops moving. Consider your shop a shadow. It is going to follow you where you take it. If you stop in the middle of a field, all confused like, it will stop with you. If you sprint across the field and dance in the sunlight of success (cue awesome metaphor), it will come with you there as well.

Always ask yourself questions!
Where have I been?
Did it work?
Where am I going?
What do I want?
How do I get there?

Just don't stop.... don't ever, ever stop.

PS - I love that friggin' Panda.

No comments:

Post a Comment